EDM 310 Class Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mrs. Yollis' Blog Review (Part 1 of C4K)

Blogger Icon
As I was clicking on all the links to Mrs. Yollis' blog I began to get more and more interested. She has a link on her blog to her website where parent can check out and play games with their children. I believe this is an important process of bringing technology into the classroom because parents can sometimes only see the bad in the internet and showing them what their child is doing puts them at ease. When looking at the post in Mrs. Yollis' blog I noticed that all of them have pictures. Adding pictures to the post draws people into reading the post and adds a sense of wanting to learn more. Also at the end of most of the post there was a question to spark conversation about the post, which I thought was a very good idea because it get not only the students but visitors of the site involved. I checked the number of visitors that Mrs. Yollis' site had compared to our own EDM310 site and she had more then us. Also I noticed that she has won first runner-up in best blog in 2009 and 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Shelby, your page is very impressive! You are up to date and working ahead on many of the assignments! I enjoyed exploring your different posts and was very interested in this one. You gave great details regarding the information needed to know the basic background information on which you were explaining. Part 1 of Mrs. Yollis' blog was interesting. I enjoyed the link to explore games as well. I look forward to keeping up with your page!

    ReplyDelete