EDM 310 Class Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

C4K Summary #2

BrainPOPpers
1. Today I commented on Class 3's blog post about how the BrainPOPpers signed their guestbook and said they really enjoyed their blog. I commented on their post by saying I have never heard of the BrainPOPpers but I will look them up on Youtube, because apparently the BrainPOPpers do videos. I also told them I would try to find their guest book and sign in myself.

2. The student I was assigned to this week was Michael. He wrote about football and how he loved it and who invented it. I commented back to him saying that soccer was my favorite sport to play, but football is my favorite to watch. I told him my favorite college team was the University of Alabama. I wished him good luck playing football and told him he would succeed.

The student that I got at random was named Tabbey. Her post was about why don't they call Columbus Day "Natives' Day" because the Native Americans were at America first. I told her this was an interesting post and I would have just accepted the norm if she had not mentioned that about Columbus Day. I told her it was a good point and she should keep up the good work!

3. The student I commented on this week was Menrinna. She wrote a poem on about being in the woods and hearing scary noises. I commented on her poem and said that her poem got me in the spirit of Halloween. Also I said I like how she said, "my hearts starts to pound like someone knocking on the door." Her poem was very good and I enjoyed reading it.

4. I commented on Kyan's post called Ireland Animation. In this Kyan did an amazing animation of a map of Ireland and a castle with a man walking by. I told him the castle and the map were very accurate and I loved the animation. I also told him it was neat how he got the man he drew to walk in front of a castle. I very much enjoyed seeing the work of kids mixing technology and animation.

5. On Mr. McClung's post Writing a Letter he talks how he is teaching his students how to write a professional letter. I commented on this post and said that I think it is great that he is teaching his students to do that because that was one of my favorite things I got to do in middle school was write letter and getting the responses. I also wrote and said I am in a class that is focusing on technology in the classroom, but it is good that he is still focusing on things like writing a letter because that is also important concept also.

No comments:

Post a Comment