EDM 310 Class Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Final Report on PLN

Cover of <i>Little Book of Nouns</i>

When I posted about my progress of my PLN I did an symbaloo. I found some really interesting things for teachers when I did that such as schooltube, teachertube, and moodle. I found out those three things are great, but my favorite thing about my PLN is twitter. I have found more and more interesting teachers to follow that share ideas and their failures to those ideas. They also share the hardships of becoming a new teacher. By following new teachers I read about their mistakes and take a mental note about them and insure myself that I won't do the same thing. Twitter has given me the knowledge of teachers, new ideas, and the opportunity to look and see what other students are doing with technology. Also during the second half of the semester I found someone to add to my PLN that I thought would never be possible, Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz. She is a bestselling children's author and also travels around the country and does seminars speaking to children, parents, and teachers. I came across her on the internet when I was looking for an author to do my Skype interview with and she was the nicest lady. I was intimidated by her at first because I did not know what to expect, but she is someone now that I talk to every couple of weeks. She is my friend on Facebook and we communicate that way or via email.  She talks to me about being a teacher because she was a professor at one time to and also the importance of literacy in schools today. The further along EDM310 goes the more people and websites I add to my PLN. I have discovered that it is something that will continue to grow through out my career as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment