EDM 310 Class Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blog Post #4

Podcast Icon



In Langwitches blog it talked about how 1st graders created there own read-along audiobook. In this blog it said  that the 1st graders read some of the book they were assigned while the teacher records them reading. The children loved recording their voices and wanted to get it just right. Also the teacher created a read along so the students could listen to their voices and their classmates voices as they read along with the book. My opinion about this blog is that this idea is a great one. I was wondering how I could integrate technology to kids that were so young, but the podcast was a great idea. The children would prefect their reading because they would be so interested in how they would sound when the other students heard the podcast.

In the 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better post by Valene is about how your can use your iPod not to just listen to music but to help you develop good study skills and to even help you study. It mentions endless study  guides that you can download and use, such as Sparknotes. It also showed you applications you could use to make learning easier, such as iGadget. In this program you can move documents back and forth between your iPod and computer easily. This post also showed many more ways your iPod could be used to enhance your learning experience. My opinion about this post is I personally had no idea that  your iPod could be used is such ways. Apparently I was living under a rock because I thought the main purpose of an iPod was to entertain you with music. I was very interested in all the ways an iPod could help you develop good study skills and help you study.

In the blog post The benefits of podcasting in the classroom by Joe Dale is about kids who were born after 1980 are a part of a generation that has not had life without computers or technology, instead of sticking to traditional teaching we should do what the kids know and like. By doing podcasting in the classroom you can do things as simple as recording a lecture or doing a project based on it. Podcasting projects allow kids to be creative and help the kids develop higher order thinking skills. My opinion of this video is it was very interesting because I really have no clue about podcasting. I have had no previous practice with it, but by watching this video  it helped my grasp a concept about it and how I could use it in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. "Apparently I was living under a rock..." You had lots of company under that rock. You are in EDM310 to learn. I am glad that is happening!

    "I really have no clue about podcasting." If that is still true you are about to learn by doing it!

    ReplyDelete