EDM 310 Class Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

C4T#3 Summarizing Teacher's Post and My Comments

I did it Clock

1. This week I commented on Mary's blog called See Mary Teach. The posted was called Paper reinforcers. This post was about how Mary is very organized which can be a good thing but it turns into a bad thing when she is so busy trying to stay organized she looses her creative ability. She is not only a teacher but a journalist so when teaching her kids to be creative in their writing and letting their mind go free, she realized she needed to do the same. When I commented on her post I told her that her post really hit home with me because I am really organized. My room is never messy and I rarely ever loose anything. This is a really good trait, but it does hinder my creative ability. I believe this because of what Mary said about worrying about organizing her words on the page she forgets to just write what her  mind tells her and just let it free.

2. This week I commented on Mary's blog again on the post Your PLN Gives You More People to Disappoint. This post was about how Mary moved to The Netherlands to teach and to build up a school. She is still a new teacher because she did not teach for the last year because she was helping build up the school she is about to teach in. She is challenging herself because she is doing all new things in a new country; there will be a surprise at every turn. She talks about how her PLN pushes her to do her best because she does not want to disappoint anyone. I commented on Mary's post about her PLN and stated that yes PLN gives you more people to disappoint but that alone gives you positive stress to push you forward in your work and to do the best you can in all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment